This next session for parents whose children go to Healthfield School will be on Monday 29 February 6:15PM- 8PM
*Please note that this session is slightly longer as we feel this topic is particularly important.
Surviving homework, revision, exams and the stressed teenager! This session aims to help you to support your pre-teen/teenager in the preparation for GCSEs/school exams and will cover:
• What is learning and what we can do to help them learn without knowing anything about the subject!
• Motivating your teenager, including finding the best way of working for your teenager
• Different styles of revision
• How you can help your teenager to manage their stress including an introduction to mindfulness
• The delicate subject of how to encourage your pre-teen/teenager to get enough sleep!
To book your place go to: http://www.survivinghomeworkandexams.eventbrite.co.uk
This will be followed by a session on Monday 14 March, 6:15 PM-7:30 PM which will be the first of 2 sessions on managing behaviour – these sessions are particularly practical and you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have on managing behaviour etc.
This session will include:
• Planning for better behaviour
• How we all have different styles of parenting and the impact these styles have on our children
• It’s not what, it’s the HOW!
• Successfully negotiating and managing boundaries
• Tips on improving consistency in terms of maintaining boundaries etc!
To book your place go to: http://www.managing-behaviour-1.eventbrite.co.uk